Monday, October 26, 2009

Performers

Contortionist Sara Banks: Art Model, Performance Artist, and Vegan Chef. My art spans many diverse categories of social commentary, alternative lifestyles, surrealism, body abstraction, and queer identities. I can be hired for any modeling or performance based art including nudes and fetish. I have experience modeling for video, life drawing, live performances, and photography.  I'm a delightful mix of delicately refined and rough around the edges. I live fast and furious. If you're not going to be able to keep up, don't even bother trying. I've lost a lot of friends that way, but I've never felt the need of looking back. Plus I've never been happier.


Hooper Brigitte Ethier: My name is Brigitte Ethier and I’m a Hooper in the Ottawa/Gatineau region. I have been in love with Hoopdance since my first encounter with this art in 2006 and have passionately trained and honed my technique and presentation over the last few years, waking up early in the mornings to hoop before going to my day job, during lunch hour and on weekends. With a strong background in figure skating and training under world renowned coaches and choreographers, I bring grace and fluidity to my movements and intricate hoop manipulation, as well as deliver an energetic and engaging performance. I am an avid hoop performer and instructor teaching regular hoop classes in the Ottawa area. You can also see me bring my car full of different size hoops to special events ready to entertain with performances and workshops for all ages. I am in my second year of professional hoop performances and excited to present either solo or all new duet/trio performances featuring regular hoops, spectacular LED glow hoops or fire hoop and fire fans. I'm also a hoop maker which are available for purchase - I handcraft & decorate them with love and care:-) Hoop classes in Ottawa are held at the Dovercourt Recreation Center in Westoboro where I focus on Hoop Fitness (so you always get a GREAT workout) but incoporate teaching and experimenting with new moves and combos. To book performances and workshops, or to enquire about the hoop classes - please contact me at hooperellahoops@gmail.com. Happy hooping :-)